Why we should read the Bible daily
There are many reasons why we should read the Bible daily. Here are just a few of those reasons:
1. We are commanded to read it and obey it (2 Timothy 2:15; Joshua 1:6-
2. WIthout the knowledge of God's Word, we are destroyed as a people. (Hosea 4:6)
3. The Bible equips the believer (2 TImothy 3:16-
4. It is God's love letter to us (Deuteronomy 7:9, 12; Psalm 48:9)
5. The Bible provides answers to life's questions (Romans 1:16-
6. The Bible reveals the future (Revelation 4:1).
7. God makes sure that His Word is fulfilled (Jeremiah 1:12; Isaiah 55:10-
8. The Bible is more than words, it is alive and God speaks to us when we read it (Hebrews 4:12; John 6:63; Jeremiah 23:29)
Just a few tips:
1. Be devoted to committing time with God's Word each day.
2. Plan to spend about 20-
3. Then, after prayer, read the Bible for at least 15 minutes each day. The Bible can be read aloud in 80 hours of time, which is just 15 minutes a day over a year's time.
4. Have a plan for reading through the Bible (i.e. 15 minutes a day or 30 minutes a day including time for prayer). Better to make it a simple plan that works than an aggressive plan that does not work.
5. If you have never read the Bible before make a commitment to read the entire book. This will build background knowledge which will make it easier to participate in in-
6. Buy a good Study Bible to answer your questions about individual verses or passages. I suggest the MacArthur Study Bible (by John MacArthur), the NIV Study Bible by Zondervan or the ESV Study Bible. Each of these study Bibles are very detailed and will answer a lot of questions.
7. If you want to read through the Bible in a year or two year period of time, check out these Bible Reading plans. http://www.oneyearbibleblog.com/welcome-
8. A great explanation of why/how to study the Bible can be found by listening to four sermons by Lon Solomon (Senior Pastor of McLean Bible Church in Virginia). Go to http://www.mcleanbible.org and listen to these sermons:
* 11/17/2013: What does the Bible claim for itself?
* 11/24/2013: Why is the Bible trustworthy?
* 12/8/2013: How to properly interpret the Bible -
* 12/15/2013: How to properly interpret the Bible -